Lakeland Dog Walker's Terms and Conditions
- The term ‘Lakeland Dog Walker’ refers to any employee or volunteer working on behalf of Lakeland Dog Walker.
- The term ‘Owner’ refers to the person of whom the dog belongs, or who that dog’s responsibility has been charged to whilst employing the services of Lakeland Dog Walker.
Bookings & Cancellation:-
- Please use formal channels (a phone call or through our website) when booking or cancelling a service. Bookings and cancellations are only confirmed once Lakeland Dog Walker has replied.
- If for some reason you have to cancel a walk, please give us as much notice as possible, however the dead line is 18:00 the previous day. If you fail to let us know by 18:00 the previous day, you will be charged 50% of the service fee (as a dog walker will have already been organised).If you cancel on the day the service is booked for or forget to cancel altogether and Lakeland Dog Walker go to see your pet and they aren’t there or do not need walking, you will be charged 100% of the service fee (this is also the case if Lakeland Dog Walker come to see to your pet and we cannot access the property).
Health & Safety:-
- Owner is responsible and will ensure that their dog is up to date with their vaccinations, flea/tic treatments and de-wormer treatments as well as the Kennel Cough vaccine (Lakeland Dog Walker will not accept any dog that has been infected by fleas in the last 30 days or Kennel cough in the past 10 days).
- By law, all dogs must wear a well fitted collar or harness with an ID tag with owners contact details on.
- By law, all dogs must be microchipped.
Injury, Risk & Liability:-
- Lakeland Dog Walker makes every effort to contact the owner in the event of an emergency. We recommend owners provide us with a contact number of a trusted third party should we be unable to make direct contact. However, we reserve the right to make decisions regarding your dog’s health provided it is at all times acting in the best interests of the dog and on the advice of a veterinary surgeon. Owner is responsible for payment of any veterinary fees incurred by Lakeland Dog Walker.
- Owner is to make full disclosure of any quality or characteristic problems which might make your dog not suitable for walking including behavioural or health problems, antisocial behaviour including aggression, incontinence or lack of house training, unwarranted loud barking or whining and excessive pulling on the lead.
- While we will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your dog is not placed in the company of aggressive or violent animals and will immediately remove your dog from any fight with another animal, Lakeland Dog Walker shall not be liable for any damage caused should your dog instigate fights with other animals or should your dog be injured by another animal while in Lakeland Dog Walkers care.
- Owner accepts full responsibility for any loss or damage caused by their dog whilst being walked. Lakeland Dog Walker is not held accountable for vet fees or third party claims whilst your dog is in our care.
- Bitches in season will not be accepted on Hourly Pack Walks or Doggy Day Care.
Off lead walks:-
- Lakeland Dog Walker only exercise your dog off their lead where you have authorised us to do so. Should you give such authorisation, we will make sure they are exercised in suitable environments such as local parks, forest trails, the beach and other dog friendly areas.
- You acknowledge that even well trained dogs are instinctive and not always controllable by the walker even when the highest level of care is provided. Lakeland Dog Walker are not liable should your dog run away and/or injure themselves, cause any damage or injure a third party.
- Lakeland Dog Walker will only let your dog off the lead if they feel they have good recall.
- Prices are as advertised on the Lakeland Dog Walker website. Please visit the “Price List” page on the website to view them fully.
- Lakeland Dog Walkers rates are very competitive and are none-negotiable.
- All prices are subject to change. Owner will be given at least 30days notice of any price changes.
- Owner will be responsible for all your pet(s) veterinary costs and Lakeland Dog Walker shall not be required to incur these costs on your behalf.
Flexibility is required:-
- We are fully insured to walk up to six dogs per Lakeland Dog Walker, therefore unless you book a Solo Dog Walk, your dog will be walked with other friendly dogs.
- Your booked time is only an estimation and whilst we make every effort to arrive at the time given, road conditions and unforeseen circumstances may delay us, so please allow up to 45 minutes after your booked time slot for Lakeland Dog Walker to arrive.
- In adverse weather conditions please understand that we are still open and may be slightly delayed.
- We reserve the right in extreme weather conditions such as thunder & lightening, heavy snow or icy roads/pavement to cut a walk short for the safety of both walker and dog.
-On the rare occasion Lakeland Dog Walker are unable to visit your dog due to extreme weather, illness or for any other reason, we will contact you as soon as possible in order to arrange alternative care.
- Owner should be happy for their dog to wear one of our padded harnesses if needed as it makes the walk more comfortable for both walker and dog.
- Owner should be happy for Lakeland Dog Walker to take photos and videos of their dog (which may be used on social media, greetings cards, advertisement etc). If you’d prefer us not to use photos of your pet, please let Lakeland Dog Walker know when booking.
-All the information we ask for when you book a service through Lakeland dog Walker is password protected and is not shared with anyone outside the company.